Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sweet Melissa Sundays: Granola Breakfast Cookies





Anytime I can have an excuse for eating cookies for breakfast, I'll take it! This week's recipe for the SMS baking group was for these yummy cookies made with granola. I used all molasses instead of molasses and honey - my cookies are probably browner than other people's because of that, and used some all purpose flour instead of all whole wheat - I had no idea I was running so low on wheat - but otherwise I stayed true to the recipe. These cookies are incredibly easy and fast to make - not taking into account the time it takes to make the granola - and quite yummy. The granola has a lot of variety in it - pumpkin seeds, almonds, rye flakes, dried cherries, etc... so there are a lot of great textures and flavors in the cookie. They are nice and crisp on the outside, and wonderfully chewy on the inside. All in all, a very tasty cookie - and sugar-free, so my 2 1/2 year old son can eat them! (He loved them, by the way). Thank you to Jessica of A Singleton in the Kitchen for choosing this recipe. You can find the recipe here on Jessica's blog, and if you'd like to see the other SMS baker's creations, look here.

7 comments:

  1. Sara, I'm so glad these turned out well for you and that both you and your son can enjoy them. If mine had been crispy on the outside and soft on the inside I'd have liked them! The granola was interesting and quite good, at least.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on taking any excuse to have cookies for breakfast! They look really good, and it's nice that your son can enjoy this yummy treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies are a huge hit with kids!! I followed the recipe exactly and I think mine turned out way darker than any others I've seen. Yours look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look wonderful. I'm glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked them, they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis