Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TWD: Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies



Around the time I started my blog, I was on the search for the perfect Ginger-Molasses Cookie. I never found it. Until now. I should have known it would be Dorie that would provide me with the recipe.

These cookies are unbelievable. They are crispy around the edges, chewy on the inside, complexly flavored with molasses, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and black pepper.

I doubled the amount of cinnamon, allspice and black pepper, and added 1 teaspoon of ground ginger. The only other thing I might try is to up to black pepper - I couldn't really taste it, and I was longing for that kick. A peppery cookie is not what I would want on a regular basis, however, so as a general rule I'll stick to the recipe (basically) as Dorie wrote it.

I will make these cookies every chance I get. Birthdays, holidays, weekends, you name it.

Thanks so much to Pamela of Cookies with Boys for choosing this fantastic cookie recipe, which can be found on her blog.

I don't know what else to say about these, except go make them. Now.


17 comments:

  1. Look at how perfect they are! And those plates! I made the cran apple crisp this week, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found your perfect cookie! I must, must double the spices the next time I make these, as that seems to be the key to perfection with these cookies. I love those plates, by the way, are they from your store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for baking with me! I think your cookies look picture perfect and stunning! So glad you enjoyed them as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! I love the plates, too, they're my mom's. She bought them at Anthropologie years ago. Sadly, she still loves them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect looking cookies on pretty little plates. These were good, weren't they, and they will be made here again too. Love molasses cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are pretty much perfect, aren't they? I loved these cookies, although mine don't look nearly as pretty as yours do on those lovely little plates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more. These really are the perfect cookie. Beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, I *so* agree with you! These cookies are perfect and yours look lovely! I will be baking them again and again--they were a real hit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plates are so beautiful.

    So are your cookies.

    I made the bundt cake for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're right, these are great!! and it only took me three times to figure out how long to keep em in the oven ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were a surprise hit at my house, too. Adding extra spices sounds like a super idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im glad you liked them. I made them too and dipped them in chocolate!
    Your white plates are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cookies look perfect and the plates are lovely. I'm glad you found your superlative ginger-molasses cookie. The Alice Medrich one is more gingery, less all-around spicy. I think I like hers a little better, but I'm also enjoying the Dorie ones (more so the second and third day).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cookies are just perfect! Beautiful. And, one those plates, they look even prettier! These were delicious cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Matt declared these his all-time favorite cookie and I have made them about ten times now...the swimmers just love them, they are easy, so I am happy to be able to supply them every now and again. Yours look so beautiful. I love how you displayed them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures Sarah! I loved these too and since I made them at the beginning of the month mine have been gone for a while. I keep wishing I had more every time I read a post about them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These really are awesome, aren't they? I've made them twice so far, and I'm sure they'll make another appearance before the holiday season is over. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis