Saturday, February 27, 2010

Green & Black's Peanut Sticky Buns with Salted Butter Caramel Sauce



A couple of weeks ago, Tastespotting sent out a tweet on Twitter that said to contact them if interested in an opportunity that involved baking, blogging and chocolate. Those happen to be my three favorite things in the world aside from my kids.

I received a response a few days later asking for recipe ideas involving the new Green & Black's chocolate bar, Peanut. It is a milk chocolate bar containing caramelized peanuts and sea salt. I love Green & Black's chocolate. As many of you know, I eat exclusively organic food, including copious amounts of G & B chocolate. The ideas started coming. I sent a list of about 8 or more possible recipes to Sarah of Tastespotting and The Delicious Life, including these rolls. They picked four bloggers' submissions, and I was so lucky to be one of the four!


I had so much fun developing this recipe. I made it three times in five days, and unfortunately I ate almost all of them. True story: the day I was photographing the final batch, I looked down and saw that there were only five of twelve rolls left in the pan. I had eaten seven. SEVEN!!! They are just so damn tasty!!!



These are some of the most delicious, decadent things I have ever eaten. Really. They have everything: bread, crunch, chocolate, goo, caramel. Oh my. Oh. My.


The roll itself is not something I would call moist, but it is most certainly not dry. Soft. It is soft. It is ever so slightly sweet with a hint of vanilla. This is a roll that could stand on it's own - all too often I find that the bready part of a cinnamon roll/sticky bun is flavorless without all of its acoutrements. In this case, the roll is already so good, it is brought to a ridiculous level of deliciousness by its toppings and fillings. The Peanut bar is really quite something. I'm normally not a big fan of peanuts, but these are caramelized, so you get a wonderful sweet crunch every bite or so that is a lovely counterpart to the rest of the bun. The chocolate is rich and decadent but not overdone, and its sweetness is balanced by the barely sweet roll and the salty caramel sauce. Oh the caramel sauce. It is perfection. If I could eat it with a spoon I would. Oh, wait. I have been eating it with a spoon. It is smooth. So smooth. So creamy. The perfect balance of sweet and salty with a deep, dark caramel flavor.


Thank you so much to Sarah of Tastespotting for giving me the opportunity to create a fun and scrumptious recipe with a fantastic new chocolate bar. My recipe will be posted on the new Tastespotting blog. The blog launches next week, but there is no word yet on the order that the recipes created by myself and the other bloggers will be posted, so check back here for a link to the recipe.

*** UPDATE *** 3.23.10

The recipe is up!!! Here is the link. Enjoy!


18 comments:

  1. Holy Hannah...those are unbelievable! I want them...NOW! Can't wait to check out the recipe. Congrats to you on a fabulous job extremely well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when i realize how much of my own baked goods i've eaten! Haha.

    These looks delish! I don't blame you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally ridiculous but it's sounds aaaamazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look amazing!! I was drawn to your blog from this picture on Tastespotting, but then I noticed the name of your blog. Are you from the Upstate SC?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness - these look totally SICK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - Those are decadent! And yea, I have to say I'm guilty of inhaling a few cinnamon buns myself, but I would be unstoppable with these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, Nope, NC. Asheville, to be exact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And that is exactly why I downsize recipes. I KNOW how many I will probably eat.

    Those look INCREDIBLE!!!!! I would not be able to stop at one. And with chocolate. WOWZA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am laughing so hard at this:

    "...made it three times in five days, and unfortunately I ate almost all of them."

    and cannot tell you how many times some version of this happens to me:

    "...the day I was photographing the final batch, I looked down and saw that there were only five of twelve rolls left in the pan. I had eaten seven. SEVEN!!!"

    hey, at least you didn't eat all 12. well, not all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Sarah! These look incredibly decadent - the kind of thing that would be WAY too dangerous to have around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my do these look delicious and yummy and gooey and wonderful. How many do you suppose I could eat without going to confession? They look very very tempting. Do I dare make these? Well, when I do, I will need to make sure there are lots of eaters around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for the recipe!! These look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I need this recipe, asap! My husband and I are absolutely drooling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nichole - Thanks! The recipe should be up next week at the new Tastespotting blog. When it's up, I'll add a link to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ack! You made me drool on my laptop! Looks wicked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait for that recipe.
    Blue Ridge,eh? Oh, hey, we could be neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks insanely ridiculous in the best way ever. Can't wait to indulge :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis