Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TWD: Dorie's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies



This week the TWD bakers made one of my all-time favorite treats; chocolate chip cookies!

Chocolate chip cookies played a large part in shaping my childhood. My mom and I baked them together regularly, they were her specialty. They're still the only thing she bakes. I probably make chocolate chip cookies more frequently than any other treat.

I enjoyed these cookies quite a lot. It is no surprise, as Dorie mentions that it is a tweaked version of the Tollhouse recipe, which is the recipe I grew up on. I thought the flavor was wonderful - rich and caramel-y; the texture was good - crispy around the edges and chewy in the center. The only problem I had with these cookies was that they are too thin. I like to have a little more to sink my teeth into. Proving once again that the New York Times recipe is the perfect chocolate chip cookie!

Thanks to Kait of Kait's Plate for hosting this week. You can find the recipe for these yummy cookies on her blog.


11 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of thin/crispy either. But I love the 'pool' of chocolate in the center of your cookies. Looking at trying the CI version next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys here like those NYT cookies as well, but they loved the crunch of these. Mine look a lot different than yours, mine were crunchy...they like crunchy! Nice job...research is fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah!
    I really loved cookies and chocolates. This recipe is another one to look up for, same with your marzipan coins.

    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes.

    :)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of your cookies Sarah! They're thin, but at least they're uniform whereas mine were just oddly shaped and super thin on the edges. What kind of chocolate did you use? These weren't my favorite - I prefer thick and chewy - but Shane was happy to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Those cookies look great. So glad I found your blog, everything looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way the chocolate looks in your cookies Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same thing here! Loved the flavor, just too flat :-p I really believe ccc need baking powder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cookies look wonderful. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookies turned out so pretty, I love the effect of the chopped chocolate. It's always fun to try a new CCC recipe, even if it doesn't turn out to be a new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so decadent! What's not to love with all that chocolate peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so delicious! If I wasn't craving warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven before, I certainly am now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis