Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TWD: Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia


This week for TWD, we made brownies! Ah, any excuse to make and eat a brownie is okay by me.

At first taste, I didn't think I was a huge fan of these brownies. I actually wrote an entire post - but didn't publish it - about how I didn't really like them. Then I started looking at other people's blogs to see what everyone else thought, and they were all crazy about them. I decided to give them another shot. Not ten minutes ago, I went into the kitchen and ate a brownie, and I must say I have changed my mind. These are really delicious. The texture is very different from any other brownie I've ever had. They are fudgey, but light at the same time due to the whipped eggs that are folded into the batter. I tend to prefer a denser brownie, so I can't say that I've found my new favorite, but these were definitely a lovely surprise.

This recipe was chosen by Tanya of Chocolatechic, and can be found on her blog.


7 comments:

  1. These aren't my favorite, either, but they definitely grew on me. Especially after I tried them cold--much better than room temp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you changed your mind. I thought they were yummy but very rich. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you learned to like them. I like dense fudgey brownies and these were perfect. Yours look just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you wound up liking these Sarah! Yours look wonderful and make me wish I hadn't given all of mine away :) I'm not even a fudgy brownie person but I loved these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious looking pictures. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't quite sure about these at first either, but they grew on me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis