Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blondies


A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting around wanting a treat, but not knowing exactly what. When I realized I wanted something with the texture of a brownie but without all the chocolate - I honestly don't know what got into me! - the choice was obvious: blondies!

I've always enjoyed blondies, though they are not something I've eaten many of, and I had never made them. I needed a recipe.

The first recipe that came up on my search was from Simply Recipes, and when I saw that it was a guest post by Garrett McCord of Vanilla Garlic, I thought I'd give it a try. I've tried a couple of his recipes before with good results.

It is about as easy as a recipe can possibly be, and as delicious, and as addictive. As I mentioned, I first tried these a couple of weeks ago, (and then again a week later) but wasn't able to post them until now because they never lasted long enough to get a photo of them! Yikes! They are dangerous. Very, very dangerous.

The first two times I made them, I put chocolate chips directly in the batter. This last time, I managed to forget the chocolate chips until I had already filled my pan, so I decided to sprinkle them on top. I had some pecan pieces in my pantry, so I threw some of those on too. I didn't measure them out, but I'm guessing I added about 1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips, and a heaping 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans.


Oh my. If they were dangerous before, they are now lethal. In the best possible way.

Here is the original recipe. The only tweak I am planning on making is to sprinkle them with some coarse ground salt. I love salty/sweet treats. Other than that, I think this recipe is pretty much perfect. It has wonderfully crispy edges, a soft, chewy center, a lovely paper thin top crust, it's fast and easy to make, what more could you want!!!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like a delicious chocolate pizza. Yum!!

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I would love some of that. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabuloso. When are we getting some more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! I have to try this one out! Thanks!
    LeeYong

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis