Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TWD: Brioche Peach Tart (one day late)


This week's TWD recipe was actually for a brioche plum tart, which I was excited to try, but alas the plums I purchased four days in advance hadn't ripened enough to use. I see some more roasted plum ice cream in my future, so I'm not complaining. Luckily, I found some gorgeous, ripe, sweet SC peaches. They worked beautifully.

This was a breeze to make, and even breezier to eat. I'm so glad that I'm involved in all of these baking groups, because without them who knows when I would have ever made brioche, and now I've made it three times!

This is a really yummy rustic-looking dessert, and one that was really easy to make sugar-free: I replaced the sugar in the brioche with agave, and just drizzled a little more on top of the peaches once they were arranged on the dough. As I said, I used peaches for the fruit; there is a layer of jam under the fruit, and for that I chose raspberry; for the nuts on top I went with almonds. It all worked together beautifully.

I was surprised at how quickly the crust browned, however. Dorie says to tent the tart at 20 min (in a 425 oven) but I checkd on mine at 15 minutes, and it was deep, deep brown already. Next time I make this, I'll tent it at 5 or 10 minutes.



Tune in tomorrow for basil ice cream (seen above)!

Thanks to Denise of Chez Us for choosing this recipe, you can find it on her blog.

6 comments:

  1. AH!! Your tart is lovely. LOve the way you fixed the peaches. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made basil ice cream? How yummy! I love your peach tart and I was in the same boat with unripe plums. I can not wait for the basil ice cream posting =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's the prettiest tart I've seen this week! South Carolina peaches are so amazing (and I say this as a Georgian...) and I'll bet they were fab with the raspberry jam.

    That basil ice cream was already on my list for this week (my basil crop is burgeoning!) - hope you give it a favorable report!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basil ice cream?!? Fantastic! Great job on this one. Looks mighty good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis