Thursday, August 27, 2009

BBA Challenge: Cinnamon Rolls


Though this was the first time I ever made cinnamon rolls, it certainly won't be the last. These were amazing. Without a doubt the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had.

They were relatively easy to make, I didn't encounter any problems. Though they do take a few hours (of agonizing anticipation).

I used palm sugar in place of cane sugar in the dough and with the cinnamon so that my son - who has never had cane sugar - could eat them. It was my first time baking with palm sugar, so I wasn't sure what it would do, but they couldn't have turned out better. I made the glaze as written, using vanilla extract for flavoring, and left it off of the ones my son ate. Everyone loved them.

My mom's birthday is this weekend. I'm having a brunch for her at my house, and I'm thinking that I might just have to give the sticky bun version of these a whirl for the occasion...

If you'd like the recipe for these amazing cinnamon rolls, you can find it in The Bread Baker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhart.

8 comments:

  1. Those look like perfect, perfect cinnamon rolls. I'm glad they were such a hit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rolls. They came out just right. Glad all enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, from the looks of those rolls, it would seem that you've been whipping up batches of cinnamon rolls forever! So perfect. I thought this recipe was a keeper also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot. I need to make these..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look really good...I think this looks like a recipe I'll have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a sucker for cinnamon rolls. And I had no idea that palm sugar is lower in glycemic index than cane sugar.

    Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm new here and the pictures look amazing. BUT...this is probably dumb.... but I can't find the recipes for them??????

    Thanks.
    Pogonia
    sejotess@yahoo.com

    (I also never know what to put if I don't have a google, LiveJournal, etc., account so just have to go anon.:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are great! I loooove cinnamon rolls and I might just have to give these a whirl, yours look so beautiful!
    -Whitney

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis